Saturday, September 14, 2019

DFI Session Eight - Adjusting to Animation

Today was another day of firsts! Hearing about the Tamaki community and how the demolition of State housing is having a massive effect on their area and schools. Also had my first ever go at making a digital image of myself- don't be fooled, that cartoon looking thing down below is in fact me! Also had my first go at making an animation using Google Presentation.

The Manaiakalani kauapapa word for this week was empowerment. "Empowerment is about advancing of Rangatiratanga; taking back control of their lives" Pat Snedden. The story behind why empowerment is so important was very powerful, students and whānau are both given opportunities through Manaiakalani. These opportunities are plentiful whether it is the devices or the wifi available from schools to the community, there are many benefits to be seen. 

Below is my animation- my creative juices seemed to be a bit blocked so thought I couldn't really go wrong with a boat made of shapes and waves made out clouds. To make a basic animation like this it took 93 slides- credit to whoever makes a whole story line out of a Google Presentation. Whenever we do tasks like these I find myself feeling rather enthusiastic as to how I could incorporate this into my classroom. I think there are some children in my class that this task would really appeal too. 



My first go at a characterised drawing of myself using Google Drawings. I found this task super challenging and quite frustrating to get my head around. This task really allowed me to explore the "lines" section of Google Drawings, I used the Curved lines, Poly lines, straight lines to create this image.I also used shapes for the eyes and facial outline. What a mission. 




4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Briar,
    great work on your animation and using polyline for the first time. I like your background on your portrait. Very nice!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great animating skills Briar. Bit of a dark end for the boat too. So much work in both your presentations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your self-portrait using google draw Briar! Am very impressed as mine didn't resemble me at all - actually didn't look human either. Suffice to say I will be rewinding the learning and going back through the agendas to practice a bit on these skills! It's great that its there for us to use or I would be totally walking away from it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome portrait for an awesome lady. Loving the polyline tool, also love that you brought me up to speed after missing the last session, appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about